Kathryn L. Norton, J.D.
More about Kathryn
Kathryn is the President of SVA Plumb Trust Company, LLC. She specializes in the administration of high net worth trust relationships, oversees the settlement of complex estates, and assists clients with estate planning concerns.
With more than 30 years experience as a trust officer and estate planner, Kathryn has extensive knowledge in helping clients find order in their financial lives and solutions to their estate challenges. Kathryn works with clients to identify their estate planning objectives and set priorities about their wealth and the transfer of that wealth to the next generation.
Prior to joining SVA Plumb Trust Company, Kathryn helped to establish Plumb Trust Company and served as the President and Senior Trust officer since 2001. Kathryn came to Plumb Trust Company after several years working with trusts and estates in the banking industry. Prior to moving into banking, she engaged in the private practice of law specializing in estate planning, trust and estate settlement and family law for over ten years.
- University of Wisconsin Law School - Juris Doctor
- Indiana University - Bloomington - Bachelor of Science - Business
- MATC - Madison College
- Legal Association for Women
- State Bar of Wisconsin
- Wisconsin Trustees Association
- Madison Estate Council
- University of Wisconsin Graduate School of Business
- Gilda’s Club
- NBC15 Money Minute
- Wisconsin Lawyer - published by State Bar of Wisconsin
- Wisconsin Law Journal
- Wisconsin Women
- State Bar of Wisconsin
- Dane County Bar Association
- State Bar Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section - Past Chair
- Wisconsin Trustee’s Association - Past Chair
- Wisconsin Banker’s Association Trust Section - Past Chair
- State Bar WisLAP Committee - Past Chair
- State of Wisconsin
- Federal Courts - Eastern and Western Districts of Wisconsin
- Home Health United - Chair of Visiting Nurse Service Foundation Chair of & member of the Board of Trustees for 10 years
- Executive Women’s Golf Association
Kathryn is married to Ward Paxton, voice actor, with two adult children. Kathryn and her husband are avid sailors, both racing and cruising. In the summer, they race their 20’ Nacra catamaran as part of the Lake Monona Sailing Club. Kathryn also participates in the EWGA Golf League. Her other hobbies include kayaking, Pilates, gardening and reading. She also likes to spoil their 4-year-old labradoodle, Cooper, regularly.
Back to All Professionals